Widgets

Top 10 Bollywood digs!

By Hindustan Times
Bollywood celebs are famous for their nasty comments. We take a look at some the nastiest comments celebs have taken in recent times.

1. Salman Khan says Shah Rukh Khan overacts
Reportedly Salman Khan lashed out at the director during an ad shoot recently and asked him to cast Shah Rukh Khan if he wanted over-acting, reports Mumbai Mirror. The tabloid relates the incident thus: Salman was sooting for an advertisement with TV actress Aamna Sharif and there was a sequence where the actor had to walk upto her. When Salman was asked to do so, he didn't like it and in his style said, “Agar walk karana hai toh kisi model to bula lete".
Moreover, when the director asked to him to shoot again to get his expressions right, Salman reportedly hit back saying: "Agar acting hi karani hai toh Hrithik ko le lete aur agar over acting karani hai toh Shah Rukh ko le lete", the tabloid quotes a source.
2. Murder digs! Soul better than silicone, Aditi Rao Hydari tells Mallika Sherawat
The third instalment of Vishesh Films’ Murder franchise is set to hit theatres on February 15. After Mallika Sherawat dare-bare act in the first film, the bar was raised for actors to follow suit in the film’s sequels. However, actor Aditi Rao Hydari, who will be seen in Murder 3, takes a subtle dig at Mallika pout’s and says that the franchise is more about emotions than shedding clothes. “It is more about the manner in which people have been brought up in. I think you should have steel in your soul and not silicone in your body,” says Aditi.
This was apparently meant for Mallika, as she reportedly had a silicone implant done a few years ago. Aditi seconds the increasing importance of sexuality in love, which the makers have repeatedly offered through this series. “It is a choice at the end. We have sexuality in our film because we feel it is an important aspect of love. It is not about shedding clothes or doing bold scenes, it is more deep rooted,” says the actor.
3. Javed Akhtar is disappointed with Salman Rushdie
Bollywood lyricist Javed Akhtar is reportedly dissapointed with Salman Rushdie and feels that the famous author has a distorted notion of freedom. Javed Akhtar was among one of the strongest voices to support Salman Rushdie last year when the latter was not allowed to visit Jaipur for Jaipur Literature Festival. Just a year after the incident, Salman Rushdie again faced security threats and avoided a visit to Kolkata last month. So what transpired between the two that made Javed Akhtar change his mind?
4. Wish I had Katrina’s shamelessness: Sonam
No one quite beats Sonam Kapoor when it comes to being outspoken. Known for being one of the most undiplomatic actors in Bollywood, Sonam’s done it yet again by attributing fellow actor Katrina Kaif’s success to “a certain kind of shamelessness” in doing “over the top films.”
On the sidelines of the recently concluded Cannes film festival, HT’s film critic Anupama Chopra asked Sonam about her choice of projects. “When you look back to some choices that you made, for instance Players, do you think it was a wrong move?”
Sonam replied, “I look at it and know what not to do. With all due respect, I want to give Katrina Kaif a bouquet of flowers.” When asked why, Sonam added, “Because I don’t know how she does it. You need a certain kind of commitment and a certain kind of shamelessness to do certain things and you get that may be with stardom, with confidence in your talent, with who you are as a person, and I need to develop that before I do that kind of films — over the top films. I need to learn how to do it as I was terrible in those movies.”
5. Karan Johar takes digs at Ram Gopal Verma
War of words between Ram Gopal Varma and Karan Johar has been going on for a while now. "I want to remake Raavan and I want to request Mani to remake Aag. I got a better idea.. I will make My Name Is Raavan and Mani should make Raavan Ki Kurbaan," Varma posted on Twitter, taking a dig at Karan Johar's My Name Is Khan and Kurbaan.
6. Kareena takes a dig at Deepika Padukone
That leading ladies in Bollywood can hardly be friends has been proven yet again by actor Kareena Kapoor. In a recent interview to a magazine, she was asked what she would do if she woke up as actor Deepika Padukone, to which the Kapoor replied, “I don’t think I can wake up as Deepika as I can’t relate to her.”
7. Anushka Sharma takes digs at Deepika Padukone
Actor Anushka Sharma has taken potshots at Deepika Padukone. “There is no comparison between Deepika and me. Nothing links us. We do different kind of films. In fact she has done more films. I’ve been choosy. I have not picked up just about any role that came my way,” she said. Asked to give a word for her peers, Anushka said, “Stop throwing garbage at me since I don’t throw garbage at you,” she told Mumbai Mirror.
8. Asin takes dig at fellow members of the 100 crore club
She entered Bollywood with Ghajini (2008), which kicked off the concept of Rs100 crore club. Then Asin went on to work in back-to-back blockbusters Ready (2011), Housefull 2 (2012) and Bol Bachchan (2012), which all crossed the much-coveted mark. But unlike several of her contemporary leading ladies, Asin says she has never tried to extract any publicity out of it. “I’ve been a part of very few films, but they have all been blockbusters,” says Asin.
9. Bipasha Basu takes digs at Ameesha Patel
Actors Ameesha Patel and Bipasha Basu were sported wearing Mumbai-based designer Ramona Narang’s same dress, albeit in different colours at IIFA 2011. While Bipasha opted for a beige colour, Ameesha went in for a bright lemon hue of the dress. While both actors looked pretty, we let you decide who looked better.
The co-incident left Bipasha amused. She tweeted, "IIFA night was great!Thank you Toronto:)Do not feel like leaving but sadly have to leave!Had the best time ever!Also last night a fellow actress landed up wearing the same dress in a diff color as me on d green carpet!It ws quite amusing even for me:) So next time I'll plan my green carpet outfit in advance n nt pull out things frm my cupboard last min!:) Anyways u can't stop the world frm buying d same things n keep a tab on all!
Ameesha tweeted in reply, “Thank u sweethearts for loving myy iifa dresses. Ramona narang the designer made them 2 months in advance of the event. Thanks again Fortunately I don't need to copy anyone.even my red launch party dress was ramonas creation as she knows me n my style since we we're kids.”
Replying to a fan Ameesha further added, “Replying “I know u all r upset at some nasty n unrequired comments made by another actor. But don't b upset. I'm reall unaffected. I don't care if ten people wear same outfit bkos clothes don't make a person.its ur own charm n how u carry it. So I'm chilled. we all have r distinct style. N that is natural to us n not by the clothes we wear. n yes designr ramona narang is a family friend since I was a kid.she knows me v well. As for copying. Y wud I??? How silly.”
After the elaborate war of words, Ameesha was, however, quick to add, “Anyway I think bips n I both have good taste n looked good. So its ok. No one did anything purposely”
10. Aamir Khan names his dog Shah Rukh Khan
Aamir Khan had posted on his blog that a dog called Shah Rukh was licking his legs: "Shah Rukh is licking my feet and I am feeding him biscuits every now and then. What more can I ask for? Now, before you jump to any conclusions let me add that Shah Rukh is the name of our dog. And before you jump to any further conclusions let me add that I had nothing to do with naming him. In fact Shah Rukh is the dog of the caretakers of our house."

a