Widgets

I have finally found a script to direct: Aamir Khan

By Hindustan Times
Actor Aamir Khan who donned the director’s hat with Taare Zameen Par in 2007 is all set to direct again. On a visit to HT house on Tuesday, the filmmaker said that he has locked the script for his next directorial venture.

“There is Dhoom 3 which is coming up, which I’m hoping will be liked by kids. But as far as directing a kids movie is concerned, there is a script that I’ve found about a 13-year-old brother and 10-year-old sister,” he said, adding, “I’ve bought the rights (of the script) and I’m going to direct it. But I don’t know when because I’m very busy as an actor, as of now.”
The actor, whose film Talaash releases on Friday, says that he picked the film because he found it intriguing. “I loved the script. It has a great emotional aspect and is not just a suspense drama. It deals with coming to terms with the loss of a loved one,” he said. While the actor calls both his co-stars in the film Rani Mukerji and Kareena Kapoor fantastic, he is particularly flattered by Rani’s recent remark that while shooting Ghulam with him, she never looked into his eyes as she feared falling in love with him. “Pehle kyun nahi bataya? ab to film poori ho gayi..chance miss ho gaya..ab ek aur film karni padegi,” he laughed, adding, “It’s good to fall in love. I think Rani has absolutely mesmerizing eyes. She is one of my closest friends in the industry for a couple of years now.”
Given that Aamir has always used novel ways to promote his films, (this time around he promoted the film mostly at night), we asked how important is it to promote a film well. “All films need promotions. For me promoting a film is a very integral process of filmmaking. You cannot separate it from the process. Each film is unique and has to be treated differently. ”
And he is also hoping that his son with Kiran Rao, Azad, who turns one soon, will bring luck for the film. “The film releases around the time of his birthday. We are having a family get together for the occasion, I hope he brings luck to the film,” he said.

a